Monday, July 23, 2012

Chelan- why did we just discover you?

Well we actually packed up the car and went on a little road trip over the 4th of July. We were originally planning a kid free trip to ATL to see some friends who had moved but when that didn't work out we decided to use the time off and go on our first family trip to Chelan. We usually travel with other people. Either other couples, or with family so going on a trip with just us was new and so much fun. Both the girls were great in the car and the house we rented in Wapato point was PERFECT for families. We all had our own room and had room to spare. We played in the pool, BBQ'd, wine tasted, water parked, and did lots of relaxing. I have to say that usually when we do multiple days as a family I am ready for new people but on this trip when Ren's family came on the last day (which was so fun) I wanted more days at the end. It was one of  the best trips I have been on in a long time and it made me realize that we need to do more short, local trips. Now that Hayden is almost 5 (OMG) and Aly will be 2 next month we are back into a stage where traveling doesn't seem like a forced hell but a welcomed break. I think we may just make this trip a tradition.
Diapers on the head were a favorite game all weekend.

She looks so old!

These 2 are best buds- time with Daddy is precious and Hayden soaked it up.

God help us in high school


We had ice cream sandwiches for breakfast. More than once.

View from our porch


Cracked me up Ren bought this wine when we were in Chelan wine country

I think we had some wine.....

Ok maybe I had wine- his picture of me was much clearer.

The wine was mine I swear

We woke Hayden up at 10pm so she could cuddle on the deck and eat M&M's and watch the fireworks for the first time. Priceless.
Can't fully see them but the fireworks were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment