Monday, April 25, 2011

Bunnies, Candy and Wine- "Oh My"













  

  Well I have learned that holidays in my girls lives will be much different than when I grew up. Don't get me wrong I had a great experience growing up on Xmas, Easter, and birthdays but nothing can compare to the week long extravaganzas my girls have for every event in their short lives.
     Easter weekend started out on Friday when we packed up and drove to my parents in Allen which should be an hour and a half drive but on a holiday weekend at 3:00 it was a 2 1/2 hour drive. Well worth it though since when we got there it was a beautiful evening by the golf course and we had a great time drinking wine and hanging out with my parents (when I say hanging out I mean staying up until 1:00 and getting up at 5:00 with 2 little ladies).
     Needless to say Saturday morning came a little too early-or Friday night ended a little too late but Hayden awoke to a Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa and we rallied and took Hayden to a community Easter egg hunt. There she met the Easter bunny and collected A LOT of eggs full of candy- in another Easter egg basket.
Hayden Easter basket count 2.
     Then we spent a beautiful 70 degree day hanging out on the grass, having mimosas and a wonderful dinner with my parents, sister and my oh so adorable niece and nephew. Oh and aunt Lori brought Hayden an Easter egg basket.
Hayden Easter basket count 3.
     Sunday morning-fully recovered after going to bed at 8:00 on Saturday night we had the Easter bunny come to our house. Hayden was so excited for the pet shops, and the stuffed animal, and MORE candy.
Hayden Easter basket count 4.
     After our family Easter we headed over to Nana's and Papa's house for another Easter egg hunt where Hayden and Aleyah got baskets filled with pet shops (see a theme) stuffed animals and MORE candy. Hayden also cleaned up at the egg hunt and got about 20 plastic eggs full of treats.
Hayden Easter basket count 5.
     I think you get the point. What kind of expectation are we setting here for a 3 year old that has 3 Easter celebrations, 5 different Easter baskets, and enough candy to feed a small country? but since she had 4 different birthday parties to turn 3 I guess whatever expectation we are setting is completely realistic for this girl. Mark your calenders now for the month of August since Aleyah will be turning the big OLD ONE and we have some serious partying to do- 4 to be exact :)

check out an overload of pictures on http://www.thewaldrons.smugmug.com/

1 comment:

  1. Cute! You inspired me to re up our blog. Kenny and I were actually plotting it out on Saturday night as we know we kind of fell off the wagon. So I wrote sort of a long entry, but it was nice. Good work! and yes, our kids get way more than we did. Tatum only had 4 easter baskets. And now the town dump is getting a bunch of treat filled eggs!

    ReplyDelete