Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My wish for our girls.

This last weekend one of my good friends was in town for her baby shower all the way from Italy. It was so much fun to get together and see her and so many other people that I haven't seen in a long time. These have been friends of mine since 5th grade! I remember my Mom telling me when I graduated from high school and was so sad to be leaving everyone "that you will make, new friends and most of these friends you won't even talk to years from now". I know she was trying to make me feel better at the time but I am also so proud to say she was wrong. So many of the most important women in my life I have known since elementary and junior high. Friends like these come with a history that you can't get from people you meet as an adult. We remember each other with braces and acne. We remember what it was like to be devastated because we were left out of a group get together, or a boy didn't like us like us. I have cried with them, laughed with them  and literally became who I am today with these women.
     My wish for our girls is that they too will be lucky enough to have friends like these. I hope they will be attending weddings and baby showers for friends they meet when they were young. Bonds like these are hard to make and I have truly been blessed to have my childhood girlfriends be such a constant in my life.
So to Hayden and Aleyah (since I doubt you will be in girl scouts- do they still have them?) Hold the old saying true- "Meet new friends but keep the old. One is Silver and the others gold".
     To all my GBN girls ( you know who you are)- thanks for being you, thanks for being my friend, and thanks for reminding me every day that friends are the family you choose :) Love you !






No comments:

Post a Comment